Friday, November 21, 2008

21Nov2008: Day 179: Another One for the Perry's

We got the news, via e-mail, that our friends back in the states had another little boy today - Declan Patrick Perry. He was, according to the father's e-mail 10 8 lbs & 3 oz. Daddy Perry then went on to say how he was bigger than all the other kids they've had so far. I laughed about that thinking holy cow that was one big baby. He shortly sent out a follow up e-mail stating that obviously it wasn't 108 lbs but 10 lbs 3 oz. and that because the child showed up just before 3am today, that he was very tired. We just want to send our congrats to their growing football team. They now have 3 boys and one girl, and in my opinion, one insane mother to have that many kids so close together!

Makenna and I had a sick day at home. She was up several times in the middle of the night between coughing and crying. I also was up not feeling to well. So unfortunately, Chris had an early day and late night at work and that left for a very whiny Makenna looking for daddy every moment and a mommy trying not to get sick. She could be fine one moment, sitting in my lap, and the next would just be inconsolable about who knows what. We both ate very light meals today. I think I finally had cereal about 10am and she had a yogurt. For lunch, I can't honestly remember if we had lunch. I know I didn't and I don't think she was up for it either. For dinner I had toast with peanut butter and she had a few noodles and then decided she wanted toast too. I was happy that she actually ate it as it's been a long while since she's had peanut butter. It would be nice to "expand" her horizons of food to include something she ate before. It's unfortunate to think that when people ask me what I remember most about England I'm going to say how we were constantly sick!

There were also a lot of "oh deeyah's" today. I was in no mood to get up and get the camera to capture it so hopefully if we are feeling well enough to get out tomorrow, then we'll get some on tape then.

It also hailed here tonight. I thought it was heavy rain and I looked out and saw ice chips hitting the windows. I asked Chris how cold it was outside and he said it was pretty cold. Although, I have looked at the weather forecast back home and can say that I don't miss the snow you've gotten or will be getting.

No comments: