Wednesday, November 26, 2008

26Nov2008: Day 184: I Wuv It!

Our usual Wednesday consisting of going to the play group at church in the morning. It ended up only being Makenna, Hannah, and her sister Bethany. So since it was just us, we cut it a bit short and that gave us more time to eat lunch. I usually feel really rushed from one play group to the other, so it was nice to just take our time.

For lunch, I cooked some penne noodles in sauce (it was a microwave meal that I didn't want to expire). We had the same thing pretty much for dinner last night, but I had made that. So I gave Makenna the microwave meal and I had the left overs from last night. It was obvious she liked the microwave meal better. As she was eating it, she came out and said, "I wuv it." She said it three times. I was like, "you like your lunch then?" It was really cute to hear, even if she wasn't talking about my cooking.

During the afternoon playgroup, she actually kept coming up to me and asking me for "story," meaning story time. I was surprised because when we first started coming she didn't want to sit still for story time. I think because they do songs, like "hokey-pokey", and "wheels on the bus" she likes it, as I have to move her limbs around. Hopefully we'll be going to the song/dance playgroup tomorrow. We haven't been since before Halloween.

Tonight I had my enrichment night at church. It turned out pretty well. Better than I expected. There was only 9 of us, but that was pretty good. We had one table of people sewing a button onto a small bag which candy went into. Then another table of people making sock dolls, and then another table of people putting the stockings together (gluing pieces that were pre-cut onto them), and I was the only one making the reindeer candy canes to also go into the stockings. I guess they hope to finish them up at next month's enrichment meeting. So that's good, another meeting I don't have to really plan. It sounds as though I might not be here for that meeting anyways. I'm not quite sure of the date yet, but it's going to be pretty close to the time we'll be leaving to come home.

As for our illnesses, Makenna is still congested sounding when she coughs, but her spirits are much better. I can tell because she's not as whiny and needy and crying in the morning. Plus it helped that daddy got her out of bed. As for myself, I'm doing okay. I have this nagging cough and I feel like my head is in a fog. I'm hoping to possibly make it to the gym tomorrow afternoon as I haven't gone all week. But I'll have to see how I feel.

No comments: