Sunday, November 9, 2008

9Nov2008: Day 167: Day of Remembrance

Today is what's called "A Day of Remembrance" here in England. It's like our Veteran's Day. Today in church, they had a two minute silence as we stood, to commemorate this day and of course, our little Makenna, could not quite handle the whole concept of being quiet. Not that I really expected her to but it's what she says that kills me.

Imagine if you will, all is quiet, and then you hear "poopy" "poopy" (then a sniff), "no poopy". Not sure what brought that on but I guess she was letting everyone know that she, Makenna, was not poopy. Maybe she smelled something and wanted to make it known that it wasn't her who created the bad smell. I do have to say, that overall, for the two minutes, she was fairly quiet, other than that little commentary above.

She is also now getting more into "sauce". She wants to have sauce with every meal. She's actually having mustard on occasion, when she sees daddy eating it with his meal. She also wants A1. I've probably mentioned this in the past, but A1 is like gold over here to us. Chris's parents brought us some more and so we use it sparingly. Makenna insisted that she have it with her meal tonight. I tried to give her the cheap UK version of "HP" sauce but she actually told me "No" and made me get out the A1. Much to Chris's chagrin.

One neat thing from yesterday was that Makenna actually ate a sandwich. When we were at the Roman Palace, we got something from their cafe and I bought a chicken salad sandwich for myself and we had a kids meal for her. Which consisted of a ham sandwich, chips, a cookie and an apple. Well of course she wanted my sandwich, but we eventually got her to eat her ham sandwich. We wouldn't let her eat a chip until she ate a bite of sandwich. Chris put it best because just when we think we're going to lose the battle, she actually gives in and she found that she liked it. Even tonight, we put corn on her plate and at first she was dead-set against it but by the end of the meal, she was actually eating it.

She also has a knack for messing up our computers. Today she made my screen turn 90 degrees so that I had to tilt my head to see anything. She had done this once before and I have no idea how she does it! I think there must be a hot-key combination that she happens to push. Last time it took me close to 2 hours to figure out how to turn the screen back the right way. This time I remembered how to fix it. Then later, she made it so all my icons went big, but again, I'm not sure how. I couldn't fix it the way I normally would. I had to do it a different way. She also does things to Chris's electronics and shut off the volume to his computer tonight.

Tonight, as we were finishing our Skype conversation with her grandma and grandpa Jones, Makenna went up and gave the computer screen a kiss to kiss them goodbye. She also all of a sudden, felt the need to go on the training potty. So we got her stockings off and diaper off so that she could sit on the potty. But alas, that lasted all of 5 seconds and she was up and running around naked. We quickly clothed her so that we didn't have any accidents. Not to mention that we were still on Skype at the time so all of her antics were going across the internet.

She is getting good at mimicking us. Right now, Chris is telling her to "stop it" as she's trying to get at the video camera. So she looked at Chris and said, "stop it!" She tells me to "let go" when she has a hold of things that I don't want her to have and I'm trying to get it out of her little paws. She's definitely in her two's - no doubt about it.

I just had to add to this as Makenna did something else that had me laughing (silently as I could). She took off her diaper and than ran around naked (from the waist down). Chris was yelling at her to stop taking off her diaper - but that didn't stop her. Then she was climbing on an small table that we had and Chris was frantically trying to get her to come to him so he could put her diaper back on. It was quite a sight to see. I had to duck my head behind my laptop screen so she couldn't see my laughing and be encouraged to continue such outlandish behavior :>)

No comments: