Monday, November 17, 2008

17Nov2008: Day 175: Did You Do That?

Makenna woke up a couple of times during the night (I think after 6am) but I let Chris get up as he can fall asleep faster and easier than I can. He thinks she was just cold. Then in the morning when she actually got up, she had a pretty hoarse cough. Here we go again, is all I could think. I was just thinking how we've had a couple of peaceful weeks in regards to a cold (not including the "sick" episode last Thursday). Plus it's easy to tell when she gets into that whiny mode as she was today. Plus, she's also picked up this really annoying habit of screaming when she doesn't get her way. Just a quick shrill, but annoying enough when done, especially done in repetition.

Her eating is still very erratic. She did eat lunch and that was it. She didn't want breakfast, after heating up a pancake for her. Nor did she want dinner. The lunch she ate was mine...of course. I expected it so I had heated up a couple of things.

What she did do happened while I was cooking dinner. I had left a movie in our mini-DVD player that we brought from the states. It was just a DVD of nursery rhymes. I came into the living room and was shocked to find that "Monsters Inc." was now playing. I said, "did you do that?" Well, the answer had to be yes. So at two years of age, she successfully removed the DVD that was playing, pulled out another one from the DVD case of movies, and put it in correctly, and started playing it. Needless to say, when daddy got home, he was elated that he has such a smart, technical child. He can't wait to go out and buy her robots to build and have her fix our computers. I figure, heck, by the time we go back to the states, she could take over my job.

No comments: