Tuesday, November 11, 2008

11Nov2008: Day 169: Holy Moly

Just when you don't think their will be anything to write about...Makenna comes up with some things to make life interesting.

Her new words today were "Holy Moly" (but said with out the "L"s) and "my goodness." These came about as I was changing a massively disgusting, stinky diaper. As I was saying these words, she would copy me and laugh. Then we would both say "stinky." I was able to get this video of some of our highly educated conversation.


Then, as I was getting her ready for a nap, I was in my bedroom and she came in and got the phone. This was nothing new, as she loves getting the phone and playing with it. But this time, she actually dialed someone...unfortunately...it was emergency services! In the states it's 911, but here, it's 999. When I heard a voice coming out of the other end of the phone, I grabbed it and saw on the display that it actually said 9999 (maybe for a super-emergency?). I heard the voice then ask if there was an emergency, and I apologized profusely and told them that my daughter had accidentally dialed the phone. I'm not sure if when she dialed the number it automatically turns on and dials, as it's the emergency number, or if she had turned on the phone first and then dialed or dialed and then turned on the phone. Hard to say, but either way, it made for an interesting moment.

In the evening, we again spent time with Makenna, playing with different toys. Chris even did that whole "got your nose" thing but Makenna just walked away like, "so what?" She did go back once and put her nose against his fingers to get her nose back.
Tonight, while I was finishing putting her to bed, I was going through our normal bedtime routine, and adding our earlier conversation of Holy Moly and My Goodness - I'm a sucker for cute baby laughs. Well, as I gave her one of her many goodnight kisses and said "I'll see you tomorrow," she replied, "See you Latah" (that's the English accent that comes through). I just thought it was so cute.

2 comments:

Dashley said...

Hi Teri! This is Ashley Walton (Sister Ross). I am glad you found my blog. I just took some time tonight and looked at a lot of your posts. Looks like you are having quite the adventure! Your daughter is so precious. I am always thinking how fun it would be to live near Autumn and Josh and if you guys were still in New York Marshall could play with MaKenna! I am looking forward to keeping in better touch- blogs are awesome that way! :)

Mr & Miss Guided said...

Hey Ashley! I absolutely love that picture you have of Marshall up now. I check every day to see if you have something new on your blog. Keep in touch!