Monday, November 24, 2008

24Nov2008: Day 182: Another Tough Day

It was another tough day in that we stayed home. It makes Makenna and I a bit stir crazy and I get a little short-tempered at her short temper and not listening. Yes, I know, a typical two year old. Me and her that is. She still has quite a congested cough and I wasn't feeling too well either. So I figured one more day in for the both of us to try and recuperate.

At one point, she got the salt shaker and started to shake it all over the floor. She had done this once before and we put it up so she couldn't get to it, but we used it yesterday during dinner and didn't put it back up. She took full advantage of our forgetfulness. We already have to be diligent about not leaving our drinking glasses around, especially if we leave any type of liquid in it - usually water. She drinks, washes her hands, dumps on other things.

We did take one quick trip out to get a prescription filled for Chris. Makenna was so excited to be out but it was cold, blustery, and wet. That didn't matter to her. She wanted to run in the wet grass. Luckily I had her boots on, and I found the mittens I brought for her. I also finally remembered to take out my scarf. She still fights me on wearing hats but I got her to wear one for a little bit.

Luckily daddy got to come home early, but basically had to play bad cop by putting our little trouble maker on the "naughty step" repeatedly. She is just constantly trying her limits and sometimes she gets sent to the step over and over for the same thing. It can certainly try our patience.

No comments: