Thursday, March 12, 2009

12Mar2009: Day 290: Moine

Getting to that stage of “mine.” Although, when she says it, it sounds like moine (rhymes with coin). It’s either “moine” or “hap to share.” When we got home from playgroup yesterday she wanted the car keys and I told her that she could have them after I locked the car. She looked at me straight on and said, “You hap to share.” I laughed. I said, “Oh do I now?” I then told her again that I would give them to her after I locked the car.

I also have been repeating myself (a bad habit with a two year old,) and I finally have started saying, “Makenna, what did mommy just tell you?” So of course, today she said, “What I tell you?” I’m trying to get her to think about what I am telling her. Yes, I know she’s two but you have to start somewhere.

I’m also thinking about switching to M&Ms for the potty training. A girlfriend from college e-mailed me to say how it’s creating success for her and her twins, and Madonna told me today that’s what helped her with Hannah. Makenna is fighting me more and more about getting on the potty. I think a huge part of it is the seat. I just think she’s really uncomfortable. She almost put her feet into the toilet today through the seat as she didn’t want to go on and kept her legs stiff and straight. I’ve looked on-line a bit but I hate to spend in effect $45 dollars and then not have her use it.

We did go to the sing/dance today with Hannah and Bethany (and mom of course). A couple of weeks ago when Makenna and I went, there was a photographer taking random pictures. I picked up the proofs today and although I think they’re cute, I wish they were a bit better. I’m not sure if I’m going to order any or not. I’d like to order at least one. The problem is that I have to turn in the order back at the playgroup next Thursday and I wasn’t planning on attending as I need to get the house ready for a visitor! I guess I’ll have to see.

No comments: