Sunday, March 15, 2009

15Mar2009: Day 293: Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle

Makenna still has a habit of calling me Chris. I keep correcting her and telling her to call me mommy. This morning, she came into the kitchen saying, “mommy Chris, mommy Chris.” Well, I guess that’s progress. Then this afternoon, she went back to calling me Chris. I again tried to emphasize that she is to call me mommy. She then said, “Call me mommy.” I said, “No, I mean my name is not Chris, it’s mommy.” I went on to say, “Just like I don’t call you Chris because your name is Makenna, so call me mommy.” She said, “Call me mommy.” Progress just went out the window.

She also wanted to get out of the last part of church today so she kept saying she had to go potty. Chris and I both knew this was just her way of escaping. Chris did take her once but she didn’t go. I can’t blame her for wanting to get out – it was a really nice warm day. Probably in the fifties or even maybe low sixties. When we got home, she played out in the back yard with daddy for a bit. Then when she woke up from her nap, her and daddy went back out and watered plants and played with her ball. She was quite upset to have to come in.

Yesterday, at Stowe House, when we got there we stopped at the cafĂ© for lunch. We brought our lunch and brought a sandwich for Makenna. She knows our rule of taking a bite of sandwich to get a few chips. We start out by giving her a couple of chips to get her going. She knows it so well that she was saying to us, “bite of sandwich, bite of chips.” Not that, that made her comply easily. In fact, she’s such a smarty that she eats the tortilla wrap like a corn on the cob so that she gets more wrap than ham that’s inside.

During the tour one of the rooms was like a lounge/library where they had books. Makenna immediately went towards the shelves and started taking books off the shelves and handing them to Chris. By the time we had to leave that room, she was insistent that she had to take a magazine with her. We just took it with us and put it back later.

Part way through the tour, she had a dirty diaper and I had to take her and try and find a place to change her. I had no idea where to go. I walked around aimlessly and should’ve asked way before I decided to. I saw a bunch of people going down these steps and there was a sign that said “cloakroom.” I thought, well, if there’s a place to put coats, maybe there’s a bathroom down there. I asked someone going down if there’s a restroom down the steps and she pointed to the “cloakroom” sign and said, “Yes.” Oh, that’s what that means. All my wandering for five minutes and it was right there the whole time and it’s not a place to put your coats but to put your butt. Now I know.

At the end of the tour, I was holding on to Makenna listening to what the tour guide had to say, and Makenna reaches out, grabs my nose, and says, “wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.” I started laughing as did Chris. I mouthed to Chris, “I’ve never done that to her, have you?” He said “No.” The only thing he’s done is to play that “got your nose” game. Where she came up with “wiggle, wiggle, wiggle” is beyond me.

I thought I'd add a couple of more pictures from yesterday. This first one is of a bridge that we crossed called the Palladian Bridge. The next one is from inside the house and is of one of the rooms that's now an area where the kids sit to eat. I only took the picture of the ceiling as that's the only interesting part. The last picture is of Makenna who was a bit tired from all the walking and running around that she was able to do. At one point, she had her head facing forward but buried in Chris's head so it looked like chris was wearing the hat on top of his head. I unfortunately missed that picture but got this one which is still cute. Then this one of Makenna with me.





No comments: