Sunday, March 22, 2009

22Mar2009: Day 300: Uncle Jake, Uncle Jake

Day 300! Only 65 more to go, it's hard to believe. There's so much to cram into those last 65 days that we need to do!

So....we all slept in, well, almost all of us. Makenna did wake up at her usual 7ish am. This just indicates to me that she’s feeling better. I on the other hand, barely have a voice. Which I’m sure a lot of people wouldn’t complain about.

We went to church and Jake was really able to hear a lot of Makenna’s English accent. He also got to spend a lot of time with her as she sat on his lap where he placed his spell over her and she promptly fell asleep in his arms. Chris and I on the other hand got the mess we call Hannah. She was eating her lunch on my lap, as usual, and promptly spit out her half-chewed piece of pizza onto my lap. Yuch!~ She also had a runny nose which got over my clothes and Chris’s clothes, along with bits of chocolate from a “mother’s day” gift that the church gave the women which was boxes of chocolate. It was more of a present for the kids. We just got the mess part of it. I don’t know what it is but I don’t like runny snotty noses on Makenna but I really don’t like them from other kids. At least Makenna’s fluids are from family. I was constantly wiping Hannah’s fingers, nose, and mouth. So much so that I was almost out of wipes.

After church, I took Jake to a nearby castle and cathedral in Rochester. It was nice to go back and see these things which are a couple of sights that Chris, Makenna, and I saw the first week we were here back in May 2008. I felt like an expert as I was showing and telling Jake a few things. I didn’t take many pictures yesterday or today since I already have way too many from the first visits to these places. What I did notice in Rochester Cathedral was these carvings that were in the ceiling before the organ. I thought they were “interesting” in that they look devilish and to find them in a cathedral seemed a bit odd.

We then took a walk down the main street in Rochester and I showed Jake some of the old-time architecture of some houses and also showed him the summer house of Charles Dickens.

We got home and got dinner going. I had Jake get Makenna up from her nap and he came down and said that when he went into her room to wake her, she looked at him and said, “I’m napping.” She is always asking for him when he’s not in her sight..."Where'd uncle Jake go?" Then tonight we did a Skype session with my Aunt Lori & Uncle Richard, and Makenna combined it and started asking for Uncle Lori.

I had to add these last couple of pictures as they are just adorable. I bought her this dress from Costco back on Tuesday and I was shocked to find that even though it’s a size 3-4, that it’s just long enough for her and it was almost too tight on the top! This girl is just growing way too quick!

No comments: