Monday, March 16, 2009

16Mar2009: Day 294: Moonpig Dot Com

It was another nice day today. I was able to hang out a load of laundry and Makenna was able to play out a bit while I was doing this. I would’ve kept her out longer but she’s got this horrible cough again. Last week it was a bad yucky nose, and now it’s the congested cough with a bit of a runny nose. At least she’s willing to take the Children’s Tylenol we brought with us from the states. That helped to perk her up right away.

At the nursery at the gym, they tried giving her a small cherry tomato for snack but I wasn’t too surprised that she didn’t eat it. It’s not something I eat unless it’s processed into sauce or salsa.

While we were doing our weekly grocery shopping today, I heard Makenna say “Moonpig dot com.” This caused a big smile on my face. Moonpig.com is a website that is advertised on TV for selling greeting cards that you can customize. It does go to show you, you have to be careful what you watch as they pick up on everything.

I also decided to by the Maltesers candy which is like our Whoppers. I was going to buy the M&Ms but remembered that she likes these and that way I won’t be tempted to eat them. When I told her in the store why we were buying them, that’s all she could say every time she saw the bag. We got home and she was pretty willing to go on the potty. She got a piece of candy and a sticker for sitting on the potty. I might have to re-think this again as I really need to be rewarding her more for going and we haven’t had success with that in a couple of weeks. Although tonight, she didn’t want her candy after sitting on the potty. It was a good thing too because I just left them in the bathroom which seems to get very hot at times and they had melted. So I brought them downstairs and stuck them in the refrigerator. I might just move the whole potty training downstairs for now too as our sink up stairs is now clogged.

Just when we got the toilet fixed finally, the sink started to back up. I knew most of it was probably due to my hair as I comb it over the sink but then I try and make sure I get most of it out. On Friday Chris tried unplugging it and besides a bunch of hair, there was also what looks to be sand. I have no idea where the sand came from. Makes you wonder if the guy who fixed the toilet did something? So I called the rental company today and told them thank you for getting someone to fix the toilet but now they need to send someone to fix the sink. Hopefully that will be this week and not the five months it took to get someone to fix the toilet.

No comments: