Monday, March 30, 2009

30Mar2009: Day 308: Not Pro-priate

Makenna woke up a few times in the night. Not sure why but according to her yelling the first time, which was sometime around 3am, her blanket was stuck. You could hear her through the baby monitor, “blanket stuck!” The third time I got up and told her that it was time to continue sleeping, made sure she had her blanket and told her to go back to sleep. That seemed to work.

We’re back into our normal schedule and after the gym we went grocery shopping. The thing that bugs me about taking her is her penchant to putting her mouth on the cart. It’s just disgusting. The more you tell her no and that it’s gross, the more she tries to do it. I realize that it really is gross, but also I think I’ve become more vigilant in germs since we’re always sick. After we wash her hands before eating, she starts touching things that make me think, “why did we bother washing your hands?” For instance, she tends to touch the garbage lid in the bathroom, or pull the plug of the sink out. So in my telling her no today about putting her mouth on the cart, she replied, “That’s not pro-priate.” “Right,” I said, “It’s not appropriate.”

After lunch, we took a walk up to the Post Office. It’s about a 10-15 minute walk and it was a really nice day. On our walk home we saw two kitty cats and Makenna was really excited. I wish I had taken her to the park but I hadn’t washed up from the gym knowing that we were going to take this walk. I guess it shouldn’t have mattered. I hope that if tomorrow is another nice day, that I’ll walk down to pick her up from nursery and then we can stop at the park on the way home.

My little helper today decided to help me take the groceries out of the bags. I did appreciate it but I was nervous about the stuff in glass bottles. She hands them to me and says, “thank you,” as if telling me I need to say thank you for her handing it to me. I think it’s just that I always say it to her when she hands me something so she’s used to me saying it. Then later, I had her help me put silverware into the dishwasher. I really find it exciting that she wants to help. She keeps asking me about vacuuming and then saying, “Don’t be scared.” I told her we’d most likely vacuum later in the week unless something necessitates us vacuuming sooner.

Well, one last wish to my sister-in-law Autumn as she’s being induced tomorrow. I hope all goes well and that I’ll be able to at least mention that the baby has arrived by the time I do my blog.

No comments: