Thursday, March 26, 2009

26Mar2009: Day 304: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Store

I really need to take the digital voice recorder I gave to Chris for Christmas as I don’t believe he’s really using it and days like today I really wanted it. Coming home from swim she started singing “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Store.” This is her English accent coming through. Our American NY accent of “water” comes out woter (same intonation as store). I really want to catch a lot of what she’s saying with her English accent before we come home and she loses it.

It was another day of rest, of sorts, for us here at home. I took Jake to the train station so that he could enjoy another day in London. He went to the Natural Science Museum and up to the Royal Observatory. Makenna and I hung out at home. I still have a stuffed up head and now my eyes are caked over in the morning. I did take her to swim in the afternoon though.

She was very anxious to play with the watering can and I had to threaten to take her home a few times as she was just being downright obstinate. She wanted to just sit on the steps and play. She would light up and get excited when the teacher took her and had her swim to me. She did really well too. She would go under a bit as she finished coming to me and she was always happy and ready to do it again.

I did get another eye roll from her today too. The teacher really emphasizes that her toes be at the edge of the pool and that she has to wait for me to count to three before she jumps in. Makenna, just wants to jump in right away and I had to keep insisting that she wait until I was ready and for her to come closer to the edge. She finally got fed up with me saying it and rolled her eyes and sighed. Look Missy, you’re only 2.5 (not even, yet,) so there’s no way that you should be allowed to start being fed up with me and my directions…yet.

No comments: