Monday, July 14, 2008

14Jul2008: Day 50: Teri goes to Doctor

Just an FYI - I added pictures below to Saturday's activities. So if you want, go take a look at some of what we saw.

Yes, well as you can see from the heading, I now had to visit the doctor. I didn't have success like Makenna in that they didn't give me drugs immediately. They did give me a prescription but said to hold off on filling it for 24-48 hours to give Ibuprofen a chance to "heal" me. I told her that I've been doing that on and off for two weeks so I don't see how that was going to help. But she's unsure if I have an infection or a virus. I told her that Makenna is sick and what she has but I don't have the same symptoms so she doesn't think it's that.

I unfortunately, have flu like aches, a sore throat, and feel my sinuses draining. Plus in the morning my eyes are quite stuck together. So I definitely have something. Ibuprofen only seems to help for about 3 hours and then I'm achey all over again. Luckily Chris decided to work from home today to give me a chance to sleep and rest, (I wish he could stay home every day this week to help me get over this).

We then called a doctor later in the afternoon to get registered. We walked down to his office and Chris filled out paperwork and then we're supposed to go back tomorrow to pick up more paperwork to fill out for the National Health System.

On a good note, Makenna is improving quite rapidly. Her nose is looking better, and the spots on her face are starting to fade. Her mood and appetite are pretty good. It's good to have a happy child back. She actually likes the medicine too, which is extremely helpful. She actually sucks and bites on the syringe as we push in the medicine.

No comments: