Wednesday, July 2, 2008

26June2008: Day 32: Teri Drove – Yet again

That’s the big news for the day. I wanted to be able to take Makenna to the play group that we’ve been attending but it would be about a half-hour drive one way for the girl to come pick us up so I decided I’d either have to drive there (or take a train which would’ve been harder) or just not go. So Makenna and I piled into the car to get Chris to work (I had him drive there), then said a prayer and drove home. It wasn’t bad at all! I also pulled into the driveway without and incident this time and when it was time to go, left without a problem. We got to the playgroup in one piece. That was the furthest I’ve driven. It was quite an accomplishment.

On the way home, I only had one car beep at me and I think it was because I was at a round-about that I stopped at (which I’m supposed to do), but I guess in this instance there was this lane where you could keep going without stopping, at least, that’s what I inferred. Then later, I had to go back and get Chris from work. So now hopefully I’ll be more likely to take the car at least once a week. I didn’t even drive on the wrong side of the road, like someone else in the house I know.

I was able to get out and get some sun too, while Makenna was taking a nap. I took out a magazine and the radio to listen to Wimbledon coverage, as we still currently don’t have internet or cable. I thought it would be very hard to just sit back and listen to coverage without watching but it hasn’t been too bad. I could just close my eyes and wish I was there. Plus I’ve been surprised how it hasn’t been too hard to keep Makenna entertained without a tv. But again, we have the portable DVD player so we usually watch Baby Einstein a couple times a day and flip between different movies that keep her entertained for about a half-hour or so before she wants different one in. Plus we try to get out to the park down the street and/or walks to other places.

No comments: