Friday, July 18, 2008

18Jul2008: Day 54: Testing, One Two Three, Testing

That was the word for today - "testing." Makenna must know I'm feeling better and she tested me quite a bit today. She saw the "naughty step" numerous times. I think at one point, she thought it was a game. She kept going into this drawer that has a lot of our electronic equipment and taking things out. She also has been going into the sink cabinet with all the cleaners and coming back and handing me things from there at times. I tell her no and when I get up to get the thing from her, she runs away laughing. So I think it's a way to let off some energy and she thinks it's funny for me to chase her. Just shows you, we've been couped up in the house too long.

She also has this thing that drives me "nuts" - she'll be done with her drink and throw her cup on the floor. I've asked her repeatedly before the meal, during the meal, not to throw the cup and she'll still do it. This happens every meal. Oh well, very minor things. At least she waited until I felt better to act like this instead of when I was miserable.

One thing that she has been doing lately that makes me laugh is she's on a "spaghetti" kick. She wakes up in the morning and I'll say let's go get breakfast and she'll go, "fetti" (like confetti). I have to tell her that only poor college kids eat "fetti" for breakfast.

I was able to get cleaning done around the house today - at least the first floor. So that felt good to get that accomplished. Then tonight was grocery night and Chris wanted me to let people know how frustrating the grocery carts are here. They actually move sideways, which you would think would be a good thing, but it's actually quite hard to maneuver. Especially when you're trying to just go straight, and it starts to roll to one side.

We're still trying to figure out if we're going to go anywhere tomorrow or not - I'd like to, but something relatively simple so we don't incur health damages again.

No comments: