Thursday, July 31, 2008

31Jul2008: Day 67: Swing!

Today we went back to the playgroup that's a half-hour away. Makenna just pretty much whines and complains for the first half-hour as she wants the toys to come out and wants the cookies to come out. Once that happens, she's happy and calm.

Today, after she got her cookie and got her seat on the drum (see last Thursday's picture), a little boy started crawling up her and trying to grab her cookie. I just sat in the distance to see how she would handle this. She looked at the boy with a side-glance like "what do you think you're doing?" and then shifted her body away from him, used her hand to push him away, all while still on the drum. He started crawling up her again and this time she got up from the drum and went and pulled herself into a normal chair along the wall. It was like - "look kid, this is my cookie and if you're going to keep bothering me, then I'm leaving." She got a second cookie and went back to her safe chair instead of the drum.

After, we went to the park again and she actually wanted to go on the swing. I thought that I had worn her out as a baby as I would always take her to Ostiningo (or however you spell it) and put her in the swing when she couldn't complain. Then as she got older she hated being in it. She liked to push it herself, but not be in it. But all of a sudden, she went to the swings and wanted to be in it. She was darn right mad when I took her out.

We had a much better day compared to yesterday (I think I prayed a little more earnestly for help!). We had some more new words come out today. The first was, fly (like an airplane). The next was when she got out the can opener from the drawer, took it to the printer and started saying, "fix". I assured her that it didn't need to be fixed. I think this came about because she saw Chris fixing a door at the house yesterday. Then Chris says she said "awesome" just out of the blue. Probably got that one from one of her movies.

One final note - good luck to my brother Josh and his volleyball team at the Spiedie Fest on Saturday. Enjoy some spiedie's for me!

No comments: