Wednesday, July 2, 2008

24June2008:Day 30: Shipment Day

When we were driving last night, I happened to notice a gym facility that we drove past, so today I decided to walk down their with Makenna to check it out. It was only about a 25 minute walk one way (which is what it was into Downtown Maidstone), so it wasn’t too bad. In fact, it was better than a walk to Maidstone as there’s less hills. The gym is really nice, swimming pool, lots of different types of classes to take, free internet, a “juice bar” and sauna, and spa. Plus it does have a “nursery & crèche” (I have no idea what the difference is). The only problem is that even though it’s in the gym, you still have to pay for it separate from the gym. So I’d still pay my gym membership then additional monies each time I went and took Makenna. Chris is going to check into if his work gets a discount. I figure 1 hour of my work out will be walking there and back! Oh, and they do have a couple of swimming time for kids and parents so I can take Makenna in the pool twice a week – which she’d absolutely love.

When we get back from the walk, we continued walking right down to the park as it’s only a block away. She was so excited. I forgot her ball though that I bought this past weekend and she was trying to take another boys ball and some other girl’s bike. So we didn’t stay more than 20 minutes.

Then we had to get home and start waiting for our shipment. It finally showed shortly after 4pm and then it was like Christmas—opening boxes and unwrapping stuff to see what it was. We got most of it taken care of (except my clothes are still in boxes) but Makenna was so excited to see her toys. She went through practically every book I had shipped and looked at them one by one. We we’re glad to see the basics – toothpaste, deodorant, and our beloved A1 sauce. It’s funny how lack of some comfort items makes you a bit anxious.

No comments: