Wednesday, July 30, 2008

30Jul2008: Day 66: Can anyone Spell R E L I E F

Well, this title has a double meaning. The first is that my little "angel" was anything but. Luckily no toilet incidents but not listening to mommy was the main objective of the day. Throwing food on the floor, taking out cleaning supplies from the cabinet, throwing her drink on the floor, standing up in the bathtub, turning over and trying to get away when it's time to change a diaper. Is it me, or am I blowing things out of proportion? Some days I think that I'm just being lazy or trying to make my life easier by not letting her experience the joy of throwing food on the floor. Other times I'm thinking, am I not supposed to be teaching her that we don't live in Ground Round or Texas Roadhouse?

I know part of the problem this afternoon was that I was trying hard to keep her up until 2pm to put her down for a nap then and she obviously needed one earlier. Most days during the week, we're down to one nap instead of two, but days like today clearly indicate that my frustration level goes up as her need for a nap goes up. I'm sure there's some math equation there. The thing that was interesting is that she was just as bad at night when daddy finally came home. So it could just be the day, but at least it's not just me - she shares the misery with both of us.

The other reason for the title is more and more I notice that spelling over here is sometimes a phonetic experience. We notice that Shopping Center is spelled "Centere" and Yogurt is Yoghurt and tire is tyre. But I found a really interesting one today - Kerbside Pick-up. Which is referring to recycling bags that they give us to put out the the curb. These are only a few that we can think of so far that we've seen. But to hear them say other words, which we can't obviously express in writing, is even more interesting. So please forgive us when we come home and say some really strange things.

No comments: