Wednesday, July 9, 2008

9Jul2008: Day 45: Happy Birthday Mom

Another July Birthday - my Mom Pat. Happiest wishes to you from afar.

Another rainy day. Luckily I had the car as Chris has had to travel out of town every day and they get another rental to get there. So Makenna and I went to the gym again.

Other than that it was a lazy day laying around on the floor. Chris contacted the homeowner and he was quite upset that the company came to pick up couches and didn't leave us any. So I guess he ordered some from a different company and hopefully tomorrow or Friday we'll have furniture to sit on again.

Some people know of my woes in feeding Makenna food. It's interesting that I take her to a "nursery" and when they have snack time, she'll eat pretty much anything they give her; apples, grapes, etc. But I offer her those things at home and its "no". Here's an example of how picky she can be. Tonight I gave her some left over spaghetti. Since there wasn't much I also hid some Spaghetti o's in with it. When it came time to eating it, if she got a Spaghettio - she'd usually spit it out. She did get a few down her. But then she got smart and saw the difference between the spaghetti noodle from the other and just ate around them. But I cooked some banana bread later and at first she said no, but then ate some. So not all is a total loss.

Hopefully we'll be able to get out to a playgroup tomorrow but it depends on this delivery of the couches and another King Size bed. Otherwise it's going to be a very long day on the floor.

No comments: