Monday, July 21, 2008

21Jul2008: Day 57: Swim Dunk

Today was a fairly busy day for Makenna and myself. We walked to the gym, and after my workout I got her from the nursery and took her to the pool. She was really excited to go until we got in. She was hesitant but then got used to it. She wanted to sit on the steps going down into the water so I let her. I was trying to show her how to blow bubbles in the water. She always puts her face in, even in the tub, but sometimes with her mouth open and she doesn't get the concept of blowing. I keep trying to tell her pretend like it's hot.

Well I moved around from the front of her to the side and as I was in transition, she tried putting her face in the water and I wasn't there to hold her so she took an underwater dunk for a second. She wasn't too happy about that. My heart was racing too. I pulled her up from under the water and got her to calm down and she wanted to go back on the steps again. I took her around the pool too and got her to kick and move her feet a bit. She obviously doesn't remember our swim lessons from last October. She was also very upset when I told her it was time to go. It was nice to have the pool to ourselves though.

We walked home and after lunch, she took a very long nap. I had plans to stop at the bank but they truly keep banker hours over here as they close at 3:30pm. I was able to get to the post office and also buy top-off minutes for my cell phone. Then Makenna and I went to the park. It's been close to three weeks and she enjoyed being there.

Other than that, I had some kids come up and knock and the door. When I answered, he just stood there while his friend was goading him on. After I minute I finally said "Yes?" and he repeated. Then I said "Didn't expect anyone home?" and he repeated. So then I just closed the door. Shortly after that the doorbell rang and as I expected, no one was there. Don't know why they decided on my door to play this prank. "Let's see if the American Woman sounds funny"? Got me?!?

No comments: