Wednesday, July 16, 2008

16Jul2008: Day 52: Teri goes to Doctor Again

Another trip to the doctor's for me. My throat is so swollen that the right side is almost touching the uvula that hangs down. Needless to say it hurts like mad to swallow. Plus I still have the cold and hot sweats and feel like I'm walking around in a haze.

Free health care is nice BUT it's definitely different. Back at home I would've had a throat swab culture and more of a check-up than what I had. The doctor looked at my throat (with no tongue depressor), and then felt my throat. That was it. Said I need to gargle with salt water and gave me a prescription for penicillin.

So then it was off to pick up the prescription and home to rest. Hard to do when you feel like you have to swallow. I do have to say I'm very grateful for the church as I had the bishop and my home teacher come over and give me a blessing to heal quickly. Plus, the bishop's wife offered to take Makenna off my hands tomorrow for a bit if I need. I told her that I would so appreciate that and I'd let her know depending on how I feel. The gargling seems to have helped, along with mushroom broth soup that Chris bought from the Chinese take-out. Of course Makenna loved the fact that she had Chinese for dinner.

No comments: