Tuesday, July 29, 2008

29Jul2008: Day 65: A Kilt-astrophy

Okay, well today was somewhat of a boring mundane day. Just went to the gym and then swimming again with Makenna. She's turning more into a fish every day. She's so very upset when it's time to go. At least today I brought some pool toys and then another little boy came over and shared some of his toys with her. We got caught in a small shower on the way home but I made it back just in time to take the clothes off the line before the major down-pour started.

So the only "somewhat" interesting news I have to share is I went grocery shopping tonight and there was a guy wearing a kilt (green and black) with a gray polo shirt that had a red lined color. Plus he was wearing knee socks with Teva sandals. Okay - all of this was just very wrong to look at. I did not bother to ask/check if he was wearing the kilt in true "kilt" fashion.

As for another small update on Makenna's vocabulary, she constantly asks for the other parent when they are not home. So all day long on and off I hear, "daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy?" So finally today I started asking her back - "where is daddy?" She babbles some words and then said "work". I noticed that she'll babble a bunch of words I can't understand and the last word is emphatically said and usually something I understand. For instance, "blah, blah, blah, blah, chicken". I hope those "blah, blah" comments are something positive when I can finally understand them and not something like, "I'm so sick of chicken!"

No comments: