Tuesday, July 8, 2008

8Jul2008: Day 44: Makenna - Where are you?

Makenna was well enough for me to take her back to the nursery at the gym today. I had an appointment to have my "induction" around the gym. It was neat in that they ask you what areas you want to target. Then they build a program and it's all computerized so that when you go to the machines, both cardio and weight machines, that you enter your pin# and your workout comes up on the machine.

For instance, I went to the cardio machine put in my pin# and the the program that was set up for me came up with the time and resistance. Then I went to the weight machine and again put in my number and then it tells me what height my seat should be at, how much weight for that machine, and how many reps and sets to do. It also has a max/min bar so that you only push/pull the weight so high and make sure you only put it down so low so you get the optimal resistance. It also counts the reps and sets. It's pretty cool. I can also put in the times I walk to the gym, or anywhere else for that matter, as part of the work out. I can then earn rewards after so much time. I'm not sure how all that is counted yet.

We then got home and it was around 11:30 a.m. so I figured I'd get Makenna and I lunch and try to keep her up until 2pm and then put her down for a long afternoon nap. I was doing laundry as it was a good day to hang it out, and I went out to get her sheets that I had put out to dry and to also hang more clothes. I came back in and I was calling for her. I called for her a few times and then went looking. I knew the front door was locked and I knew she didn't come out back where I was. So I went looking room to room (especially the bathrooms) and looked upstairs and was still calling her name. No answer. So now I'm getting a bit nervous and went to look for her again. I went back into the living room and that's where I found her - asleep on her books. What a relief! But it was so cute too. She loves her books. I didn't see her at first because she was to the side of the couch that you sort of see in the picture and when you glance in the room you can't see past that couch.

No need to worry about that now as later in the afternoon, some men came to pick up the couches (as one is broke) and the owner is replacing them. BUT they had no couches to deliver?! So as I'm typing this, I'm sitting on the floor. Chris is miffed too. He's going to try and call the owner tomorrow in Australia, but there's a nine hour difference.

No comments: